Wednesday 11 July 2012

Digital Camera Plea



To whom it may concern,

Hi
my name is Jonathan Lucia-wright ( J-J )
I run a volunteer service with my wife enabling people with a dual sensory loss ( both Deaf AND blind ) and other disabilities to access entertainment and popular culture.
I use days out and experiences to create memories and smiles and motivation and hopefully encourage the people that i work with to live life rather than just exist.
My previous line of work was in the entertainment business for 13 years as a children's entertainer/comic - so my approach to this line of work is somewhat unconventional!
In 2003 i decided to put my talents to better use and changed my audience - a decision which I am very proud of.
I now use comedy / humor to help stimulate and motivate the people that I work with using toys, puppets, Magic and objects of reference and other various techniques.
I have clowned with Deafblind people all over the world - Russia, Texas, Holland I also was invited on a clown trip
with patch Adams (you may have seen the film?)
Clowning around in hospitals, psychiatric wards and orphanages. It was a
life changing experience, and its amazing what difference laughter can make.
90% of the people I work with cannot see OR hear. Their ages range from 15 through to 85.
Some have been deaf or blind from birth, while others have gradually lost their
sight or hearing with old age, or for various other reasons. As a result of
their loss, they are unable to access information in the way we do, through
newspapers, television ,theatre or radio - so usually the most simple of things go
undiscovered for years - or never at all.
I use my talents to enable my service users to access any form of entertainment which they once loved and now sadly cannot access.
Using the
aid of sign language, props, toys, meet and
greets and touch tours my clients can enjoy an evening as much as anybody else
Why i am writing is 3 years ago Olympus kindly donated a Digital camera
which is a vital piece of equipment for us as the photographs are the proof of the activities and events that we do
sadly this camera no longer works and

we are now looking for a new sponsor who would kindly donate a digital camera which i could use for my work
and i will include you as a sponsor and add your logo etc to my website
I cannot stress how important a camera is to us - every trip, experience,reaction is captured so we can look back and see what worked and also keep a constant record of what we do,via blog and website and the places we have been and the things we have learn't.

People help
by donating items and experiences and I pass these on and collect the smiles
If you
would like any more information, or even just a chat please don't hesitate to
contact me as I understand that I could be any tom dick or Harry! I am
available via email:

extremeclowning@hotmail.co.uk

or my mobile number is 07967 017 021 To find out more about my work have a look at my website
Thank you
for taking the time to read this
I hope to hear from you soon
Jonathan lucia-wright ( j-j )
Creative support worker/clown doctor

Mobile : 07967 017021
Email : extremeclowning@hotmail.co.uk
Enabling people with a dual sensory loss
to access entertainment and popular culture

No comments: